Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh Final Tri-Nation Series 27-01-2018:
Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh final Tri-Nation series was held at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka on 27-01-2018, Saturday. Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh final crucial match of the series. Big game for both teams. Tri-Nation series played between Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka & the host Bangladesh. 7 matches, 3 teams 1 trophy. All matches played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka. Each team played 4 matches. Zimbabwe won only 1 match and lost 3 ODI’s. Sri Lanka played 4 matches, won 2 & lost 2 matches. Bangladesh played 4 matches, won 3 & lost 1 match. The final between Sri Lanka vs Bangladesh. Bangladesh had a favor of home ground & home crowd.
- Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
Date & Day:
- 27-01-2018, Saturday.
- 06:00 AM GMT
- 3967 ODI
- DSK Madushanks (Sri Lanka)
- 50 Overs ODI.
- Tri-Nation Tournament in Bangladesh.
Score Average at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
- Average 1st innings score: 228 runs.
- Average 2nd innings score: 198 runs.
- Highest Total: 370 runs for 4 (50 Overs) by India vs Bangladesh.
- Lowest Total: 58 runs for 10 (17.4 Overs) by Bangladesh vs India.
- Highest Chased: 330 runs for 4 (47.5 Overs) by India vs Pakistan.
- Lowest Defended: 105 runs for 10 (25.3 Overs) by India vs Bangladesh.
Mashrafe Mortaza (C),Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Anamul Haque, Abul Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Sunzamul Islam, Imrul Kayes.
- Head Coach: Khaled Mahmud (serving as technical director)
- Fast Bowling Coach: Courtney Walsh
- Spin Bowling Coach: Sunil Joshi
- Fielding Coach: Richard Halsall
- Strength and Conditioning Coach: Mario Villavarayan
- Team Physiotherapist: Bayejidul Islam Khan
- Team Psychologist: Soumendra Saha
- Team Physician: Debasish Roy Chowdhury
- Team Manager: Khaled Mahmud
- Media Manager: Rabeed Imam
- Performance Analyst: Nasir Ahmed
Sri Lanka Squad:
Dinesh Chandimal (C & WK), Danushka Gunathilaka, Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Asela Gunaratne, Niroshan Dickwella, Thisara Perera, Akila Dananjaya, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Shehan Madushanka, Lakshan Sandakan, Nuwan Pradeep, Dhananjaya de Silva, Wanidu Hasaranga.
- Manager: Asanka Gurusinha
- Head Coach: Chandika Hathurusinghe
- High-Performance manager: Simon Willis
- Batting Coach: Thilan Samaraweera
- Fielding Coach: Manoj Abeywickrema
- Fast Bowling Coach: Rumesh Ratnayake
- Spin Bowling Coach: Piyal Wijetunge
- Strength & Conditioning Coach: Nick Lee
- Physiotherapist: Nirmalan Thanabalasingam
- Psychologist: Phil Jauncey
- Sri Lanka won the toss & choose to bat 1st.
Sri Lanka Playing XI:
Dinesh Chandimal (C & WK), Danushka Gunathilaka, Upul Tharanga, Kusal Mendis, Asela Gunaratne, Niroshan Dickwella, Thisara Perera, Akila Dananjaya, Suranga Lakmal, Dushmantha Chameera, Shehan Madushanka.
Bangladesh Playing XI:
Mashrafe Mortaza (C),Tamim Iqbal, Mohammad Mithun, Shakib Al Hasan, Mushfiqur Rahim (WK), Mahmudullah, Sabbir Rahman, Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan, Rubel Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman.
Good news for Sri Lanka they won the toss and batted first. Pitch is good for bowling. Sri Lanka sent their openers to the ground. They hadn’t a good start. Sri Lanka lost their 1st wicket for 8 runs. MD Gunathilaka was the batsmen. He scored 6 runs off 11 balls (1*4s). U Tharanga scored 56 runs off 99 balls. (5*4s). BKG Mendis scored 28 runs off 9 balls (2*4s & 3*6s). N Dickwella scored 42 runs off 57 balls (4*4s).
D Chandimal (C & WK) scored 45 runs off 74 balls (1*6s). U Tharanga was the successful batsmen for Sri Lanka (56 runs). Rubel Hossain took 4 wickets and gave 46 runs in 10 overs with the economy of 4.60. Sri Lanka all-out for 221 runs in 50 overs. They set 222 runs target for Bangladesh. Bangladesh needs 222 runs in 50 overs with the run rate of 4.44 per over.
Bangladesh was hopeful for chased 222 runs in 50 overs. They sent their opening pair to the ground. They lost their 3 wickets for 22 runs. 4th wicket partnership gave Bangladesh hope. Mushfiqur Rahim & Mahmudullah scored 58 runs for the 4th wicket. Mahmudullah scored 76 runs off 92 balls (6*4s & 3*6s). He was the successful batsman for Bangladesh. The Debutant DSK Madushanka took 3 wickets and gave 26 runs in 6.1 overs with 1 maiden over. Bangladesh all-out for 142 runs in 41.1 overs.
- Sri Lanka won the match & also won Tri-Nation Series.
Man of the match:
- Upul Tharanga (56 runs)