Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder, 33rd Match Highlights BBL 2018:
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder, this has the 33rd match of BBL 2018. Sydney Thunder played 8 matches in BBL 2018, they won 3 and lost 5 matches with NRR -0.200. Sydney Thunder standing at no 7 spots in points table of BBL 2018. Melbourne Stars played 7 matches in BBL 2018, they won only 1 and lost 6 matches with NRR -0.917. They won the only game against Melbourne Renegades by 23 runs. Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder always crunch game. Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Stars are best competators.
Pitch Report / Weather Report:
- Sunny, 76° F/ 24° C
Date & Day:
- 20-01-2018, Saturday.
- 12;10 pm, 7:10 am GMT, 6:10 Local.
- Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG)
Score average at Melbourne Cricket Ground:
- Average 1st inning score: 140 runs
- Average 2nd inning score: 128 runs
- Highest Total:
- 184 for 3 (20 Overs) by Ind vs Aus
- Lowest Total:
- 74 for 10 (17.3 Overs) by Ind vs Aus
- Highest Chased:
- 172 for 5 (20 Overs) by SL vs Aus
- Lowest Defended:
- 127 for 10 (18.4 Overs) by Aus vs Pak
Head to Head:
- Last 5 meetings: Sydney Thunder Won 3, Melbourne Stars Won 2.
- Over-All meetings: Sydney Thunder Won 4, Melbourne Stars Won 3.
- Sydney Thunders won the toss and sent Melbourne Stars to bat first.
Melbourne Stars Squad:
Ben Dunk, Peter Handscomb(wk), Kevin Pietersen, Glenn Maxwell, James Faulkner, Evan Gulbis, John Hastings(c). Jackson Coleman, Daniel Worrall, Liam Bowe, Seb Gotch, Ben Hilfenhaus, Daniel Fallins, Michael Beer. Rob Quiney, Luke Wright, Scott Boland, Sam Harper.
- Ben Dunk, Peter Handscomb (WK), Seb Gotch, Kevin Pietersen, Glenn Maxwell, Evan Gulbis, James Faulkner, John Hastings (C), Jackson Coleman, Liam Bowe, Daniel Worrall.
- Stephen Fleming.
Sydney Thunders Squad:
Usman Khawaja, James Vince, Shane Watson(c), Callum Ferguson. Fawad Ahmed, Jay Lenton(wk), Arjun Nair, Ben Rohrer, Mitchell McClenaghan, Chris Green. Gurinder Sandhu, Liam Hatcher, Andrew Fekete, Kurtis Patterson, Aiden Blizzard, Jake Doran, Alister McDermott, Kerrod White, Ryan Gibson.
- Usman Khawaja, James Vince, Shane Watson (C), Callum Ferguson, Ben Rohrer, Arjun Nair, Chris Green, Jay Lenton (WK), Mitchell McClenaghan, Fawad Ahmed, Gurinder Sandhu.
- Paddy Upton.
- Michael Graham-Smith (Aus)
- Geoff Davidson (Aus)
- David Talalla (Aus)
- Claire Polosak
- T Penman (Aus)
Melbourne Stars start their inning, Peter Handscomb (WK), and Ben Dunk was opening pair of Melbourne Stars. Melbourn Stars had a fair start. Opening partnership was good. They made 29 runs in 3.1 overs. 1st wicket down in 3.1 overs. Ben Dunk was the batsman, he scored 12 runs off 10 deliveries. K Pietersen was the successful batsman against Sydney Thunder. He scored 4 fifties in last 4 matches against Sydney Thunder. His score was 60, 74, 76, & 67 against Sydney Thunder. But every day is not the same day in Cricket. K Pietersen out for 12 runs this time. Chris Green was the bowler. Peter Handscomb (WK) was the top scorer for his team. He scored 57 runs and faced 44 balls. He hit 7 fours all over the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). Melbourne Stars gave the target of 148 for 6 wickets down in 20 overs to Sydney Thunder.
Fall of wickets:
- 1-29 (Ben Dunk, 3.1 overs), 2-52 (K Pietersen, 6.3 overs), 3-55 (G Maxwell, 7.2 overs), 4-104 (P Handscomb, 14.3 overs), 5-123 (S Gotch, 16.4 overs), 6-124 (J Faulkner, 17.2 overs).
Pitch is suitable for 2nd innings batting side. Sydney Thunder sent their openers to the ground for chased the target of 148 runs in 20 overs. They need 7.4 runs per over. Usman Khawaja and James Vince opened their innings for Sydney Thunder. Both of the openers played very well. They gave a good start to Sydney Thunder. They scored 85 runs with the run rate of 10.36 per over. Sydney Thunder loss their 1st wicket in 8.2 overs. Usman Khawaja was the batsmen. He scored 44 runs off 26 balls. He hit 9 fours (9-4s). The skipper came to the middle. Shane Watson (C) played extraordinary innings. He scored 49 runs off 28 balls. James Vince also helps Sydney Thunder to win. He scored 40 runs off 29 balls. Sydney Thunder chased the target of 148 runs in 16.1 overs easily. They scored 9.19 runs per over. Shane Watson was the top scorer of his side. He scored 49 runs not out.
Fall of wickets:
- 1-85 (U Khawaja, 8.2 overs), 2-102 (J Vince, 10.3 overs), 3-135 (C Green, 15.2 overs).
- Sydney Thunder’s batting keeps them alive in BBL 2018.
- Sydney Thunder won by 7 wickets.
Melbourne Stars’ inning:
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 50 runs, 1 wicket).
- Melbourne Stars: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 2.
- Handscomb: 50 off 39 balls (6 x 4).
- Melbourne Stars: 100 runs in 14.1 overs (85 balls), Extras 4.
- Innings Break: Melbourne Stars – 147/6 in 20.0 overs (Hastings 9, Gulbis 13).
Sydney Thunder’s inning:
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 64 runs, 0 wicket).
- Sydney Thunder: 50 runs in 4.1 overs (25 balls), Extras 7.
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 25 balls (Khawaja 27, Vince 17, Ex 7).
- Sydney Thunder: 100 runs in 10.1 overs (61 balls), Extras 8.
Man of the Match:
- Shane Watson (49* runs not out with the bat & 1 wicket with the bowl).